Friday, June 26, 2015

Stretched

My first week in Swaziland after my crazy adventure in Georgia has been amazing and eye opening! Here is a rundown of what our typical schedule is like:

Monday: Hope House ( sort of like an African hospice where we pray with the residents) and girls home ( we tutor and hang out with them and do bible study)

Tuesday: Workshop ( women who are struggling come to our house and make purses and bracelets to have extra money) and girls home.

Wednesday: Hope House or Psychiatric Ward of the hospital and girls home

Thursday: Workshop and girls home

Friday: Mangwaneni ( walk to a little city to do bible study with the people)/ care point ( love on children) and girls home

Saturday : Fun team activity, this week is the Waterfall and cultural dance ceremony

Sunday: Church and girls home

We typcially wake up around 8 and go to bed around 12 or 1. As you can see we spend most of our time at the girls home. We also go on prayer walks and grocery shopping and do random little things- we walk every where, which I really enjoy! Swazi's are very go with the flow..and time tends to be a sort of foreign concept.

My favorite place to be is absolutely the girls home! I love seeing all of the girls, helping them study, and just loving on them. These girls have been through so many struggles, but are still full of life- it's absolutely amazing! And their thirst for knowledge is INCREDIBLE! The majority of the students in America take education for granted and don't really give two cents about it, but these girls are always wanting to study or do a worksheet or improve in some way and it is really amazing to see.

Ministry this week has been tough and I have been definetly stretched this week. I've never been on a mission trip before, but I knew that signing up for this involved ministering, which I'm totally fine with, I just didn't  realize how much their would be. I love talking to people and hearing their stories because that helps me grow in my faith, but the problem is I'm kind of confused about where I am in my faith. As a team we do devotional studies every night ts,king about the Lord and all of His different names. Their are certain things that I don't understand like why some people, even if you pray die of cancer or people just die unexpectedly. The last two days we have been studying El Elyon ,which means the Sovereign One and it explained that the Lord is a just God and he has a plan for all of us even if we don't see it right away. That He is not the one that brings evil into this world, rather Satan and if the Lord stopped one bad thing from happening he would have to stop everything. Doing devos with my team and building a relationship with them is helping me to understand and become more comfortable with ministering. I need to remember to follow God's plan and trust in Him that He knows best for me and will lead me to where I need to be! I can't wait to see what the next weeks have in store for me and my faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment